Monday, September 9, 2013

Look Closely

One of the hallmarks of a creative person's life is that they take the time to look closely.  I've been in China and now Japan for the last ten days or so,  and it's provided an incredible opportunity to look at everyday details:  brooms, food,  how we transport things,  stores, and more, with new eyes so I just thought I'd share some of those images with you.  But of course, you don't need to cross the ocean to put your observational skills to work.  Take a walk in your neighborhood, around the block or across the fields and look, really look.

And of course, get ready to purchase your copy of Creativity in Museum Practice, by Rainey Tisdale and me, coming this fall from Left Coast Press!



1 comment:

Marianne said...

Thanks for this reminder. We can all see something new in front of us if we just use our powers of observation. I enjoyed watching a bald eagle soaring for about 20 minutes just a half-mile from my home recently.